Let's make sure we're all on the same page before we start :)
Terms & Conditions of Contract
Please read below and sign, indicating your agreement.
AGREEMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT:
Terms & Conditions
1) General: This Agreement (“Agreement”) is made as of the date signed below, by and between Dana Yu Creative (“Photographer”) and the Bride and Groom (collective referred to as the “Client”).
2) Payments: Client agrees to timely payment according to the following: (1) Retainer fee due upon signing of Agreement; (2) remaining balance due 2 weeks before the wedding day. If Agreement is cancelled at least 120 days before the wedding date, any pre-payments (less retainer fee) will be refunded. Any services cancelled less than 120 days prior to the wedding date will result in forfeiture of all prepayments. In the event of a payment default, Client is responsible for (but not limited to) bad check fees, collection costs and fees, certified mailing fees, attorney’s fees, and court costs.
3) House Rules: The Photographer is limited by the guidelines of the ceremony official, the reception site management, and other location site management. Client agrees to accept the technical results of the said guidelines’ imposition on the photographer. Negotiation with the official for moderation of guidelines is the Client’s responsibility; Photographer will only provide technical recommendations.
4) Meal: Client shall provide a suitable meal (preferably but not necessarily the banquet meal served to guests) for the Photographer if the contracted coverage extends through a seated meal service AND the contracted coverage is four (4) or more hours.
5) Limit of Liability: In the unlikely event that Photographer is injured or becomes too ill to photograph the event, Photographer will make every effort to secure a replacement photographer. If the situation should occur and a professional replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. Photographer takes the utmost care with respect to exposure, transportation, and processing the photographs. However, in the unlikely event that all the photographs have been lost, stolen, or destroyed for reasons within or beyond Photographer’s control, Photographer’s liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package.
6) Copyrights: The photographs produced by Photographer are protected by Federal Copyright Laws (all rights reserved) and may not be reproduced in any manner without Photographer’s explicit written permission. This limit shall be waived if Client purchases digital “negatives.”
7) Model/Exhibition/Release: Photographer reserves the right to use negative and/or reproductions for display, publication, internet, profession exhibition/competition, and for all other promotional purposes the Photographer desires without additional compensation to any subjects within the photographs. It is the Client’s responsibility and duty to notify all guests and the wedding party of their implied consent. Negatives remain the exclusive property of the Photographer.
8) Governing Law:This Agreement and the rights and obligations of the parties hereunder shall be governed in all respects, including validity, interpretation and effect, by the law of the State of New York, including its rules of conflicts of law or choice of law.